Before Prima Perspectief can make a match between volunteer and activity, both the volunteer and and the organisation are screened. Prima Perspectief ensures the volunteer contract and the required support of the volunteer, in cooperation with the host organisation.
An activity is suitable for a volunteer when it meets one or more of the following criteria:
- The volunteer will learn something or can teach others
- Potential to improve Dutch language acquisition
- The possibility to collaborate either with other newcomers or with Dutch citizens
- The volunteer will receive guidance, preferably by Dutch volunteers from the host organisation
- Coverage of travel fees and facilities such as specific work clothes (if needed) or lunch (if usually offered to volunteers)
The volunteer is covered against risk of accident and works based on a volunteer contract in which all arrangments are stipulated.